Tuesday, February 27, 2007



21 Days!



So I discovered something cool today. I noticed that Reed's programs on Hypno Success recommend listening at least once a day for 21 days. I thought that was nice and all. Then today I kept bumping into other information about 21 days. Finally I found the root of it:

Dr. Maxwell Maltz, MD, a plastic surgeon with New York Hospitals conducted extensive studies of why brain circuits take "engrams" (memory traces), and produce neuropathways only if they are bombarded for 21 days in a row.

This means that our brain does not accept "new" data for a change of habit unless it is repeated each day for 21 days (without missing a day).


So daily bombardment with subconscious suggestions for 21 days causes that suggestion (or group of suggestions) to take permanent root. What happens if you don't?

John Kappas PhD, a psychologist in southern California while working with the department of psychology at U.C.L.A., discovered that 83% of the hypnotizable population will “dream out” or “dump” the hypnotic programming installed by a hypnotherapist within 3 to 7 days rendering it ineffective. Since most people don't remember their dreams, they are unaware of dreaming out the hypnotic programming they received.

This is why many people that are hypnotized to stop smoking start smoking again within 3 to 7 days. Or when hypnotized to lose weight do great for a few days and then go back to their old habits. What happened is they dreamed out the hypnotic programming to stop smoking or eat healthier and returned to their previous behavior.


So it takes 21 days to change subconscious beliefs, and without constant reinforcement, your subconscious will dump the new programming behind your back and resume its old ways. Here's the link to that info (I have found the same info on other sites, but this is the one I have pulled up right now)

http://www.hypnosissessions.com/background.htm

Go to google and type in "21 days" (with the quotation marks) - notice all the things that come up! Also try ["21 days" hypnosis] (without the brackets). Learn to program in 21 days. Stop smoking in 21 days. Lose weight in 21 days. All of these are taking the 21-day concept and adapting it to the needs of the consumer. If you impress your mind with something for 21 days, it apparently does the trick. I am now 3 days fully into two of my hypno-success programs. I will continue to run them for 21 days. At the moment, I am running them quietly in the background during the day, and even when I am watching video or listening to music, I keep it barely audible in the background. I am rotating these two CDs fairly equally. When 21 days is up, I will let you know what my results are. If I don't see an honest to god change, I will report it. If I DO see an honest to god change, I will report it. I will go ahead and report now that since beginning these CDs a couple of days ago, I note that after these sessions I feel lighter, happier, more easy going and this effect lasts the rest of the day. Little things don't bother me. Meanwhile, life is moving more smoothly in all respects.

Does anyone else have experience or knowledge about the "21 day" rule for forming memory traces (engrams) in the neuropathways? I'd love to get more info on this. If 21 days of bombardment with hypnosis is even 80% guaranteed to affect the change that the hypnosis is geared towards, then a person can change their lives from the direst of circumstances into a practical paradise within a few months!

No comments: